Database Management System
What is DBMS: For all of us, managing our data is sometimes seen as a major challenge. Especially when that data is from a large institution or office. In such a way, we look for our different ways to keep all records safe. This is a very responsible job that can’t be careless. Talking about the past, work was done by handwriting in papers and files but it is not a safe system.
There are many ways in which the data is about to end, such as flying ink over time, getting water. File or paper stolen, fire, as well as facing repeated problems to find the previous data. Although the use of computers in all offices and elsewhere in today’s time and data keeping Save the same the system is not easy to Manage the Data we have it in a DBMS Database Management System is to follow. In which we know how to delete data, delete, create, edit.
DBMS? Today in the article we will talk in detail in general language How do we store data inDBMS? How is the Database Management System useful to us?
What is it ?
DBMS if you understand us simple language, DBMS or Database Management is the name of the System as a so System which we Manage the Data. Everything from DBMS to creation of data, from Delete, Update and Control, is managed.
We all know, the database is a collection of all related data, i.e. a lot of data and records and create a database. There is a lot of information in it. As we understand the example of the database, we create a database of children’s names, roll numbers, numbers and phone numbers in any class of a school, which gives us the information. With this, we can extract data about any student and at the same time, the student who has achieved many marks, who is the topper of the school, can easily get to know.
DBMS stores the database in such a way that easily we can retrieve data, manipulate and produce.
So far you guys have understood that DBMS is not it? Now let’s talk about some of the features of DBMS that make it special with other systems.
Characterstics of DBMS
- Self Describing Nature
The complete database in DBMS ( Database Management System ) is prepared in such a way that you can easily obtain any data. For example, if you want to remove the data of any student from the entire database of the school, you will be able to easily remove it as all the data in DBMS is stored as a Structure i.e. you get the store in the form of database metadata.
- Multiple Views Data
In the Database Management System. A lot of people can use the data in such a way that the data they want, as it is, provides it in the same way that many people use the data of the school and everyone needs different. The principal has to keep an eye on the data of the whole school, while the class teacher only means the data of that class. In such a way, DBMS provides the same data as what data is required.
- Multiple Users Sharing
If at one time many people want to use data on their own separate system, then DBMS provides data to every user. As such, the school’s principal, class teacher, the student can see all the data at which they have the right.
In the past, there was no facility in any system that used to be able to share data with many people at one time or easily to extract the data of a single person. As well as complete data only with that of The passed. File or the paper used to mean that even if we did not give the full data, it had to be shared with it but it is not so in DBMS. We have many options which we have Is safe and can share your own.
DBMS in detail?
And what are its features? After learning, let’s talk now how DBMS works?
- We often see that every software creates a separate file and many times the file becomes a place, but this does not happen in DBMS. The duplicate file does not form any file in the Database Management System, meaning that DBMS does not have any type of data redundancy.
- In DBMS, we can give rights to everyone according to which I am managing an admin user.
- It does not contain any data Consistency, meaning that no data is collected repeatedly.
- All data in the Database Management System is stored as Meta Data, due to which we are very easy to extract data. By which we can update the data quickly and update only once
- DBMS does not go wrong in the data which makes it safe. The reason for this is that the admin has all the options available to share the data with which user. According to which every user is given the right.
- If under any circumstances the system gets bad or shut down, we can easily restore this data
Loss of DBMS
What is DBMS? How it works and what are its advantages we have talked about all these but there is some loss of DBMS. Let’s take a look at some similar points.
- DBMS is quite an expensive system. The data is safe in it, but it requires a lot of budgets to use, which is why it is not for small places or small institutions.
- If for some reason the data has to be transmitted, then it is a very difficult task which requires both time and effort.
- If a database fails for some time in a large company then it can also cause big losses.
- It is not possible for everyone to use, in fact for DBMS, you must have some knowledge of it. Nobody can find the data that is completely unknown to this system.
Every coin has two aspects if DBMS has the advantages and on the other hand, it has some losses. Let’s talk now about the types of DBMS.
Types of DBMS
- Network Database
- Relational Database
- Hierarchical Database
In the Network Database, there is a data record in which the link between the data is displayed. While in the Relational Database, the data is in tables and we know it as Structured database. In the same Hierarchical Database, data is shown as a parent and child.
Functions of DBMS
- Create Data
- Manage Data
- Update Data
- Delete Data
- Data Backup
- Data Recovery
We create data in DBMS i.e. store in Tables form so that it can be managed properly and from time to time, we can easily update and delete it. Simultaneously, Data Backup also manages if the system gets damaged for any reason, it can easily recover.
So friends expect you to understand DBMS well? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this? How it works and why it is necessary for us. What is DBMS? If you have any questions related to it then you can ask us in the comment box below, and if you want to share some of the detailed information related to the Database Management System with us, then why do you call us DBMS? You can also match with the subject.
for more info go to google
Other post is here